Monday, January 11, 2010

Poem from an Unknown Confederate Soldier

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve;
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked God for health, that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy;
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need for God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but
everything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken
prayers were answered.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

5 comments:

Tyne said...

smile! Love you, Rachel...

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I approve of with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is stationary a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=eset nod32 3.0 antivirus ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Shiloh & Derek said...

I really like this poem...