Wednesday, October 22, 2008

cold... SNAP!

oh snap.. it's the first cold day of the season! Oh how I love this day! I look forward to it all year long. Truly! The first morning where you have to wear a jacket or sweater or cardigan or whatever...
It started coming into Dallas around 2 pm today... take a look from my office window (and yes, i am blessed to have an office with a window )

Oh yes, you see the clouds rollin in... in college, my roommate and I would wake up early on this day. make a big batch of coffee.. wake up much earlier than we needed to (or wanted to) just to enjoy this first cold front.. It creates excitement within me. it makes me happy. makes me want to light all my peppermint and pumpkin candles and make pumpkin bread and chai tea all day long! It makes me smile!

In light of this first cold front, I made a soup tonight. a soup from my amazing friend Lelo. 2x4 soup started out as 1x4 soup, then made it into a conglomerate of 5x4 and 1x4 soup.... it was spicy, it was hearty, it was tasty, it was WARM! I might've added a few too many (2 more than it says) HOT Rotel cans, but it made us warm and cleaned out all of our sinuses!

take a look:




yes, i'm sure it is tooo much cheese, but it was still amazing...





Yes, it was great. And of course, i prefer it with a good Cabernet, versus a yucky ale like my comrades were drinking. but we all enjoyed the soup and sinus clearing all the same...



there is no great dinner without cleanup. i don't like pictures of me, but i do love laughing, so here you go... a little of both..



I'm sure I'm sticking out my tongue for a great reason, or non at all.. it's just how I roll..

Thank you Lelo for a great recipe. It was amazing. You are such a blessing. And another blessing is a woman whom is in need of a mental health day.. no.. hour.. no minute... yes, Tyne.. i pray for a mental health minute for you!

Have a great Thursday. I think I have stuck out my tongue to all of yall at one time or another!

*update: I absolutely did NOT wake up early this morning and had my annual coffee porch time. My bed was wayyyy too warm and comfy!

2 comments:

Tyne said...

Thanks for praying a mental health minute for me. Life is good. Wish I could have joined you for soup and cab...

More Miles said...

Hey belated birthday girl. Will you come by Ryan's blog and enter his contest? It is super easy, you just have to add a button to your sidebar and then link back to it. Follow me, over to Optimize Fuel and I will hook you up with the details.