Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving? Gulp!


I absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving.... I will even thoroughly enjoy the next week leading up to Thanksgiving... the recipes.. the shopping.. the coldness.. the friends.. the family.. the switching recipes... parades... leaves.. football.. ah!!! i get excited just thinking about it!


I know it's not Thanksgiving YET; however, my sister reminded me of a very deep and eloquent song that I wish to share with you:

Love to eat turkey
Love to eat turkey
Love to eat turkey
'Cause it's good
Love to eat turkey
Like a good boy should
'Cause it's turkey to eat
So good
Turkey for me
Turkey for you
Let's eat the turkey
In my big brown shoe
Love to eat the turkey
At the table
I once saw a movie With Betty Grable
Eat that turkey
All night long
Fifty million Elvis fans Can't be wrong
Turkey lurkey doo and
Turkey lurkey dap
I eat that turkey
Then I take a nap
Thanksgiving is a special night
Jimmy Walker used to say Dynomite
That's right
Turkey with gravy and cranberry
Can't believe the Mets traded Darryl Strawberry
Turkey for you and
Turkey for me
Can't believe Tyson Gave that girl V.D.
White meat, dark meat
You just can't lose
I fell off my moped
And I got a bruise
Turkey in the oven
And the buns in the toaster
I'll never take down My Cheryl Tiegs poster
Wrap the turkey up
In aluminum foil
My brother likes it With baby oil
Turkey and sweet potato pie
Sammy Davis Jr.
Only had one eye
Turkey for the girls and
Turkey for the boys
My favorite kind of pants
Are corduroys
Gobble gobble goo and
Gobble gobble gickel
I wish turkey Only cost a nickel
Oh I love turkey on Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

What are YOUR Thanksgiving plans? and what are YOU thankful for?

4 comments:

Elizabeth Evans said...

I love this post Rachel! I would like to add this song.
I'm glad I'm not a turkey, a turkey, a turkey
I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
They'd stuff me and cook me and then they would eat me.
I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
I'm thankful for all of my wonderful friends and family and for an awesome God that loves us unconditionally! Love ya!! Happy Turkey Day!!

sarahmurphy3412 said...

I am thankful for YOU, Rachel Wilson! I miss you, my wise and wonderful friend:)

ruthie said...

your sister rox.

love you

Tyne said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Rachel!